Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hanging Ferns

Yesterday we finally got to Home Depot to get some hanging baskets and flowers for the front porch. I always hate how empty the porch looks when we take down the flowers for the season. Usually I do a white flower hanging basket but last year when we painted the shutters white I wasn't thrilled with the white flowers. So this year I decided to do ferns in the baskets and I love it! I didn't take any pictures as yesterday was yet another gross rainy day. I hope to have some sunshine for you soon to take pictures of my own porch, but for now here is someone else's lovely ferns. I think they make a great statement and pop of green which goes well on any house. I've never done ferns so I'm hoping they do well on my porch.

This is my front porch at my old house. I looooved these white flowers in the hanging baskets because when they grew they would creep down really low. However, they would burn out really easily especially on my current porch.
The above picture is of our current home (before we painted the shutters and door white) with different colored flowers in each basket which I was not a fan of. Also, each basket but the white one died fairly quickly. So here is hoping that I have luck with the ferns this year and that I have a sunny day soon to photograph the porch for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment