Thursday, January 17, 2013

Breakfast Nook

When Shaun and I were shopping for houses I had a secret wish list of things that I was hoping for....almost none of which we ended up with! Awesome Christmas tree area...nope. Fireplace....nope. Sunken family room...nope (okay now I'm just being way too picky.) Don't get me wrong, I have nothing to complain about, I have a wonderful house. The fact that I have a house at all is a blessing, but a girl can dream right? One of the things on my secret wish list was a breakfast nook. I don't know maybe it has something to do with my diner/breakfast obsession, but I just love the feel of a cozy little spot in the kitchen. 

I am always playing around with ideas of how I can come up with some sort of crazy way to create a breakfast nook in my kitchen. But I have to say even my "I can make any of your crazy ideas come to life" husband doesn't think this one is going to happen. So for now here are some of my favorite pinterest inspiration photos.

Breakfast nook


 The comfort of a banquette is not limited to large outfits. Sometimes a cozy nook for two will do the trick. Here, a beautifully stained antique table is positioned between two benches. A drawer below the bench, ceiling-height display shelves and an alcove bookcase all add storage. Touches of red on the pillows and the flower arrangement dress up the space.

 Great use of space!

 Breakfast Nook Design, Pictures, Remodel, Decor and Ideas

Banquette made from bookcases and benches. Scanned from The Best Of Martha Stewart Living. How-to is here: http://pinterest.com/pin/213358101066494675/

No comments:

Post a Comment