Saturday, January 19, 2013

Winter Picnic

I'm sure that many of you moms out there who have toddlers can relate when I say that the cold, stormy winter months can be long and challenging at times. Don't get me wrong, I love a good snow storm and snuggling up by the fire but I do long for the days when I can run around outside with the girls and get some fresh air, a change of scenery and a break from watching Cinderella. Then I realized that picnics are not just for summertime!

So, I decided to bundle Maddie up and take her outside for a little winter picnic and it was a huge hit!





She was a huge fan of her hot chocolate with marshmallows!





Even though it's tempting to stay warm and cozy inside, I find that the fresh air even on a cold day really does wonders for my kids!







 So whether you are sitting out in the country or on a busy city street...find a bench, grab some hot cocoa and cookies and have yourselves a winter picnic!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet;) She is adorable and it looks like you all had a wonderful picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picnic. Your daughter is breathtaking!
    I'm keeping fingers crossed that Spring will be here in the blink of an eye!

    ReplyDelete