Saturday, January 28, 2012

Silver Spoons

You've probably heard the old saying "She was born with a silver spoon in her mouth." It has a negative connotation...usually describing someone who has had a very privileged, easy life. Well, although I have had far from what you would call a difficult life, I wouldn't exactly say I was "born with a silver spoon in my mouth!" But APPARENTLY I WAS BORN WITH A SILVER SPOON IN MY MOUTH and a silver fork!!!!! My mother gave me these "antique silver baby utensils" and I when I asked where she got them she said that they were from when I was a baby! Aren't they neat?!

 What a fancy baby I must've been....eating off my silver spoon!

This has made me totally re-evaluate the utensils I use for Maddie...plastic handles...neon colors! Ugh...babies these days....they have no class.

No comments:

Post a Comment