Friday, October 14, 2011

Maddie's Second Birthday Party

Last month we celebrated my daughter Maddie's second birthday. Wow it feels like just yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital and now all of the sudden we have this amazing little person who can sing the entire first verse of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." No one warned me just how quickly this time would go! Two months before Maddie's second birthday we were blessed with another little baby girl, Miss Claudia. Needless to say I was a little busy this summer and didn't get around to planning Maddie's birthday party until about to weeks prior. We only had close family and friends so it was intimate but really fun. For about a month before her birthday Maddie insisted on watching "The Wizard of Oz" at least twice a day. So, naturally we did a Wizard of Oz theme.
 






 ...Not too bad for a last minute party! I am glad to report that a month later Maddie has finally stopped asking to watch "The Wizard if Oz" several times a day and I can finally get the 24/7 soundtrack of the movie out of my head! But she still refuses to wear anything on her feet besides her ruby slippers.




No comments:

Post a Comment