Saturday, October 22, 2011

Shed turned playhouse...

This past summer my husband decided to purchase a large lawn mower so that he would only have to spend about three hours cutting grass instead of six hours or more! We love having a large property for several reasons but it does come with it's downfalls and sometimes I really miss our tiny little nugget of a yard at our old house. That being said, we also needed to purchase a shed to store this lawn mower so Shaun can park his car in the garage once again. So we figured we could make half of the shed storage and the other half into a little playhouse for the girls. I was thinking little...some windows, cute shutters maybe some flower boxes and call it a day. Shaun, on the other hand is getting so excited he wants to put on a front porch, wire it for electric so we can have Christmas lights and TV! He is even planning to build a loft! I will keep you posted (once the shed arrives) on how much of this actually gets accomplished, but for now here are some inspiring photos.
















I can't wait to get started...my job is to decorate the interior. P.S I could live in any one of these adorable cottages!

1 comment:

  1. good idea! my husband and I bought one once. my girls used it for quite a few years until they grew tired of it. now its a garden shed for me!

    ReplyDelete