Wednesday, December 7, 2011

cookies and ornaments

My mother is one of those people who makes a ton of Christmas cookies every year and brings big beautiful trays of them to people throughout the holiday season. If I had to pick a favorite it would be a tie between her butter cookies that are dipped in jelly and sprinkles (my great grandma's recipe) and her chocolate chips. I can't wait to have cookie baking parties with my mom and the girls once they are a little bit bigger. But for now the pre-made cookies are easy and fun and Maddie and Claudia have fun pretending to bake.







Maddie also enjoys sampling her work....








Maddie calls the headband she is wearing her "grinch" headband and insists on wearing it everyday...everywhere we go! I love this about her.


Also here are two of the beautiful ornaments I picked up yesterday at my favorite store!







Hopefully the cookies will be a nice snack for our snowstorm tonight. (Wish we were able to have our fireplace installed for tonight though...)


No comments:

Post a Comment