Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Luck be a Lady...

I never win anything. Never (I lied... once I won a baby shower game). Today Shaun took the day off and I was going to finish up Christmas shopping and run errands and then we were supposed to get our fireplace hooked up so we could have a nice romantic fire tonight. However, neither of us got a wink of sleep last night because poor Claudia got her first cold on her five month birthday and we took her to the doctor and had to cancel our fireplace install. But the good news....while I was at the pediatrician's office I got a call that I had won a door prize from the holiday open house I attended at my FAVORITE store! It is an antique/country store in an old red barn and I have loved going there since I was a little girl. I always tell the owner, Carol that I would LIVE in her store if she would let me. And I recently had a dream that she did let me! For some reason her store just has that x factor for me. ESPECIALLY at Christmas time. I took Maddie in with me and she was in total awe. I wish I had brought my camera to share with you what I mean, but when I left the house I did not think I would be a WINNER! So the moral of the story is that even if your day is not going as you had planned you never know when things are going to start looking up!

The question is how long will my new found luck last and should I play the lottery?

No comments:

Post a Comment